Monday, June 02, 2008

BLOGGED OUT

As all the faithful readers of this blog (all 3 of you) note, it's been a while since i've managed to post a new entry. The main reason is simply apathy. I can't even keep up with my DVD viewing. I'm backlogged on season 4 of Beverly Hills 90210 and Melrose Place already. Now I got the first two seasons of Buffy to get thru. I need 2 weeks of full time TV viewing. There's always something on regular TV that will interrupt my DVD watching. Like Ax Men, Man vs. Wild, or The Verminators. Now Ice Road Truckers is back on. Gotta see Hugh run that ice road.

Well another summer of Lose is upon us. And before you know it, it will be all over, with the only real enjoyment being maybe a few Ashton Aged Maduro's and a trip to Dutch Wonderland. The fucking price of Gas is really making it so that there's no extra cash for anything. What will be the tipping point where the whole economy collapses?? $7 a gallon?? $10/gallon??

Of course the gas crunch is affecting my luxury spending, namely, new axes. I've got my eyes on getting a Rickenbacker 330. Like Townshend used to use in the early Who days. I want to get one just to be able to smash it. yeah, yeah.

The only gig this summer that may be worth going to is the Judas Priest/Heaven and Hell/Motorhead/Testament thing. I'd rather just see Testament in a small club than go to this. If the new Priest album "Nostradamus" is as good as, say, Sad Wings of Destiny or Stained Class, well then, I might be more enthusiastic. But I doubt it....seriously doubt it. I mean the last one "Angel of Retribution" was a real stinker.

Other than that, I picked up the third Humble Pie record, and a few Sweet re-issues, Desolation Boulevard and Give Us a Wink.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dip said...

Speaking of roller derby, just what the hell has happened to pro wrestling?? I mean it stinks!! It's nothing like before. Where are the characters?? There are no characters anymore, just a bunch of dudes in tights who go by their real name!!

8:11 AM  
Blogger George Smith said...

All downhill since the Rock left. Heck, the Rock doesn't even want to be the Rock anymore. He uses his real name! That just ain't right.

Remember when Paul Orndorff had the Mr. Atlas physique and a shriveled arm?

5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home