Wednesday, October 25, 2006

The Four Greatest Albums EVER!!!

OK, I know i've been compiling these meaningless lists. But I thought, can these lists be condensed to maybe 3 or 4 of the greatest albums of ALL TIME?? Can it be done??
It's not an easy task. But I think I have a way to do it. The way to do it is to reduce ENTIRE GENRE'S of music to one album. And when you think about it, and see my choices, it will make sense. Let's have a look then at my choices.

1. Slayer: Reign in Blood.

OK, again, it should be no surprise. But if you condense the entire speed/death/thrash metal world into one album, that is it!! Not to mention that it probably is the heaviest album of all time.

2. Black Sabbath: Master of Reality

This album is where ALL doom/sludge/stoner rock begins. Again, it captures an entire genre. The riffs on this album are timeless.

3. Sex Pistols: Never Mind the Bollocks

The entire punk ethos is distilled into this album. Rotten's lyrics and vocal delivery just spew hostility and rage. I mean, geez, listen to "Bodies"..an abortion song....Rotten sneers "mommy.....i'm not an animal!!!"

I might have to cheat, though, and make a tie for #3....or an honorable mention at least, and include the Ramones "It's Alive". Rock and roll distilled to it's essence.

4. Led Zeppelin: II

ALL other metal/rock/hard rock that is blues based can be traced to this one.
Again, an album that defines an entire genre.

There, that's it. There are so many others....UFO's "Strangers in the Night"....AC/DC's Powerage.....Grand Funk Live.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home