Monday, December 27, 2010

50 Years of Lose

Here we are, another New Years Eve alone. Like in the movie "The Lonely Guy" with Steve Martin, they even spoof the middle aged loser who is alone on New Years. It's that funny, the average person laughs at it, saying "gee, how is that possible?? Oh, it's only a movie".

The Stooges sang about it in the song "No Fun"....

No fun to be alone
Talking to myself
No fun to be alone
In love....with nobody else.
Maybe go out,
Maybe stay home
Maybe call mom on the telephone,
Come on!

But I can't see how Iggy was alone, shit he must of had hundreds of sluts he was banging.

It gives me a chance to reflect on the last 50 years, all the bad choices, mistakes, and bad decisions. Here are just a sampling right off the top of my head. There's plenty more.

Bad mistake #1: Getting married to that nutcase ex, who is so evil I call her Satan. But damn, she never is without a stud. Not even a day. Goes right from one to the next. Where the hell does she find these idiots?? Hey I was one of them.

Bad mistake #2: Choosing a career in science and getting a PhD. There's no jobs and no money in it. All those years in school, and most people with a Bachelors are making more money than me. And most of the others in this field are real A typers/assholes which only makes it worse. I shoulda been a pharmacist. Or a truck driver.

Bad mistake #3: Back in grad school there was this freshman chick "M" who was totally smoking hot, and really was coming on to me. She would send me cards, letters, etc. and quite obviously wanted to fuck me. She must of been mental to want that, but nevertheless. This chick was playboy quality. What did dumbass me do? Ignored her, thinking she was too young (I was maybe 25-26, she was 17). Jesus how fucking stupid can I be to turn that down? I heard thru the grapevine she was a nympho too...just the final humiliation. I coulda married her. Loser again!!

Bad mistake #4: Trading in my vintage Marshall 100W Super Tremolo. That thing is worth big bucks now....but back then, I needed the money!!

Bad mistake #5: Being too chicken to put a gun to my head TONIGHT!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home